Reflections and Assessments
Assessment is the process of documenting, usually in measurable terms, knowledge, skills, attitudes and beliefs.
- Each resident will maintain a surgical log, a procedure log and consult log to be kept in the Med-Derm office and reviewed semiannually with the PD.
- Each resident will maintain an electronic portfolio of activities and reflections.
- Residents are credentialed in specific procedures by the Program Directors of the Medicine-Dermatology residency program. In addition, residents will be required to do chart reviews of their continuity practice to reflect on their own practice outcomes and make adjustments to improve such outcomes. (Practice-based Learning and Improvement).
- 360 degree, patient, nursing and faculty assessments on professionalism, communication skills and careful evaluation of patient care skills will be completed for each rotation.
- Specific rotations and supervisors on these rotations have been designated to evaluate a resident's capability in systems-based practice.
- Each resident will be required to complete, supported by close faculty mentorship, projects in:
- Evidence-based medicine
- Quality Assurance
- Practice-based learning